We make every effort to make surgery as safe as possible for your pet by taking the following steps.
1. We perform a pre-anesthetic exam on every animal
2. Individual anesthetic protocols tailored to your pet's needs
3. Carefully monitoring your pet's vital signs during surgery just as if you were having surgery
4. Pre-Anesthetic Bloodwork on all surgeries
5. IV fluids on almost all surgeries
It is not optional for your pet to hurt at Southside. Every surgery causes pain. We have a minimum of 4 unique interventions to prevent any pet receiving surgery from hurting.
With laser surgery we cut with a laser instead of a blade. This decreases your pet's pain, swelling, and bleeding. It can be performed in most procedures.
Therapy Laser is an amazing tool that speeds healing and decreases pain and inflammation. It can be performed after most surgical procedures.
Soft Tissue and Orthopedic Surgery
We perform a variety of soft tissue surgeries and some orthopedic procedures.
Dental Care effects more than your pet's breath. It effects the overall health of your pet. We perform routine dental cleanings where we perform a complete oral examination, check the health of each tooth, can try to save at risk teeth, and pull painful teeth. We now have Dental X-rays on every dental cleaning to more easily and effectively identify and treat mouth disease.